So you've joined the Allied Arts Council. Whats next?
first steps attend a general meeting or come by the Gallery.
Please call the Gallery at 780.962.0664 or check out the AAC Calendar for dates and times of meetings, as they are subject to change.
Show us your Art
Get your artwork juried in if you want to display and/or sell your work in the Gallery.
This is not a critique of your artistic ability or of your artwork. It is an evaluation of your artist materials and framing and an assessment that the subject matter is appropriate for our Gallery, which is attached to the Library. You can be juried in by following five easy steps:
1. Call the Gallery and make an appointment to be juried in. 780.962.0664.
2. Review our Standards Document (see below). If you have questions, feel free to call our Gallery Administrators who can clarify or direct your question to the appropriate person. 780.962.0664
3. Choose three relatively recent pieces of artwork to bring to the Gallery at your appointment time.
4. Meet with a member of the Standards Committee who will evaluate your work for suitability of artist materials and appropriate framing if required. We want to make ensure the work is not falling out of the frame and that safe hanging apparatus is used, etc.
5. The Standards Committee member will alert you to any concerns with your frame or materials, and once you are approved, you are eligible to display and sell your artwork in the Gallery starting with the next changeover. Check out or Calendar for upcoming important dates.
Come out to a general meeting or other get-together such as an art critique, art reception, or social event. Watch your inbox for our newsletter and other important information. You can enter a show or competition. Call the gallery any time if you are unsure of what to do or how to do something.
We welcome artists of all levels of experience, and there are other opportunities to have your work judged or critiqued through our competitions and shows. You can find details of those opportunities here. The jurying in process is only to ensure appropriate framing and materials are used.
Opportunities to Help-out
We have many opportunities to come out and connect with other artists and learn about the gallery and its events and operations. Check our list of available committee opportunities by contacting Gallery Admin. Help is welcomed but not required!
- VICE PRESIDENT,
- EXHIBITION CHAIRPERSON,
- MEMBERSHIP CHAIRPERSON
- STANDARDS COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON,
- FINANCIAL REVIEW COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON,
- CHRISTMAS STORE CHAIRPERSON,
- FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON
- HANGING COMMITTEE,
- SOCIAL COMMITTEE
- MELCOR JURIED MEMBERS SHOW CHAIRPERSON,
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS SHOW CHAIRPERSON,
- PHOTOGRAPHY SHOW CHAIRPERSON
- SCULPTURE SHOW CHAIRPERSON,
- OPEN ART COMPETITION CHAIRPERSON,
- SENIORS SHOW CHAIRPERSON
- ARCHIVES DIRECTOR,
- ARTISTS BIOGRAPHY BINDER,
- CHAMBER OF COMMERCE REPRESENTATIVE,
- FEATURE ARTIST COORDINATOR,
- GALLERY MAINTENANCE
- GALLERY SHOPPER,
- GRANTS DIRECTOR,
- GUEST & DEMO COORDINATOR,
- JUROR COORDINATOR,
- SCHOLARSHIP 700 CHAIR
- STORAGE ROOM ORGANIZER,
- TRI CALA REPRESENTATIVE,
- CLASS COORDINATOR,
- WEB MASTER
If you are interested in becoming a member or interested in applying for a show, please check out these documents:
(Please note Appointments for art presentation evaluations must be made through the Gallery at least 2 days prior to the day of the General Meeting.)
General Meetings are held in Meeting Room A at the Spruce Grove Art Gallery, which is located in the Melcor Cultural Centre at #35 – 5th Avenue,Spruce Grove.
The AGM is held at the March general meeting. During the March AGM, elections for the Board of Directors will take place and the financial statements will be presented to
The AAC has the meeting room booked for the first Thursday of each month, and the
Board will attempt to plan a guest speaker, art critique, professional development
seminar, or other group activity on the months that there is no general meeting.
Suggestions are welcomed!
The Board of Directors meets on the first Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m.