So you've joined the Allied Arts Council. What next?
First steps - Get your artwork juried in if you want to display and/or sell your work in the Gallery.
This is not a critique of your artistic ability or of your artwork. It is an evaluation of your artist materials and framing and an assessment that the subject matter is appropriate for our Gallery, which is attached to the Library. You can be juried in by following five easy steps:
1. Call the Gallery and make an appointment to be juried in. 780.962.0664.
2. Review our Standards Document (see below). If you have questions, feel free to call our Gallery Administrators who can clarify or direct your question to the appropriate person. 780.962.0664
3. Choose three relatively recent pieces of artwork to bring to the Gallery at your appointment time.
4. Meet with a member of the Standards Committee who will evaluate your work for suitability of artist materials and appropriate framing if required. We want to make ensure the work is not falling out of the frame and that safe hanging apparatus is used, etc.
5. The Standards Committee member will alert you to any concerns with your frame or materials, and once you are approved, you are eligible to display and sell your artwork in the Gallery starting with the next changeover. Check out or Calendar for upcoming important dates.
Next - We have many opportunities to come out and connect with other artists and learn about the gallery and its events and operations. Check our list of available committee opportunities by contacting Gallery Admin. Help is welcomed but not required!
PRESIDENTVICE PRESIDENTSECRETARYTREASURER EXHIBITION CHAIRPERSONMEMBERSHIP CHAIRPERSON
STANDARDS COMMITTEECHAIRPERSON FINANCIAL REVIEW COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON CHRISTMAS STORE CHAIRPERSONFUNDRAISING COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON
HANGING COMMITTEE SOCIAL COMMITTEE
MELCOR JURIED MEMBERS SHOW CHAIRPERSONHIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS SHOW CHAIRPERSON PHOTOGRAPHY SHOW CHAIRPERSON
SCULPTURE SHOW CHAIRPERSON OPEN ART COMPETITION CHAIRPERSONSENIORS SHOW CHAIRPERSON
ARCHIVES DIRECTOR ARTISTS BIOGRAPHY BINDERCHAMBER OF COMMERCE REPRESENTATIVE FEATURE ARTIST COORDINATORGALLERY MAINTENANCE
GALLERY SHOPPER GRANTS DIRECTOR GUEST & DEMO COORDINATOR JUROR COORDINATOR LIBRARIAN SCHOLARSHIP 700 CHAIR
STORAGE ROOM ORGANIZERTRI CALA REPRESENTATIVE CLASS COORDINATORWEB MASTER
Finally, come out to a general meeting or other get-together such as an art critique, art reception, or social event. Watch your inbox for our newsletter and other important information. You can enter a show or competition. Call the gallery any time if you are unsure of what to do or how to do something. We welcome artists of all levels of experience, and there are other opportunities to have your work judged or critiqued through our competitions and shows. You can find details of those opportunities here. The jurying in process is only to ensure appropriate framing and materials are used.
If you are interested in becoming a member or interested in applying for a show, please check these out:
(Please note Appointments for art presentation evaluations must be made through the Gallery at least 2 days prior to the day of the General Meeting.)
The Allied Arts Council is a non-profit, charitable organization where artists, both amateur and professional, meet to encourage and help each other in a friendly environment. They operate the Spruce Grove Art Gallery.
Its aims and objectives are:
- To educate and increase the public’s understanding and appreciation of the arts by working within the community to improve the standards, quality and range of artistic expression.
- To encourage more people to participate in artistic activities by proving art classes, shows, workshops and awarding art scholarships.